Saturday, July 3, 2010

Family Vacation Day 1


Our family vacation begins! We hit the road on Friday at 6pm headed toward Bellingham, WA. We reached the half way point around 3am on Saturday and slept in the motorhome until 6am. I was so paranoid about it breaking down that I started convincing myself things were going wrong. I heard a weird transmission noise in Yakima, WA and decided it must be stuck in 2nd gear. I stopped at every gas station to check the trans fluid and add more as needed. Amie looked up a shop in Bellingham and we drove it straight there where the owner called in his trans expert on his day off. The transmission guy spent an hour with me checking it out and even riding in it with me. He ended up saying there's nothing wrong with it but would be willing to rebuild it if I really wanted him to. The shop wouldn't let me pay anything so I just gave the guy 20 bucks and left. It hadn't even been 24 hours and I was already going crazy.


Got to Jeremy's (Amie's brother) house around 4pm on Saturday. We made nachos, built a small fire, drank beers, made smores and lit some fireworks.

No comments: