Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 2


Happy 4th of July! We spent most of the day in Seattle starting with Pike Place Market



There's a nasty gum filled wall down some alley at the market (upper left picture). We didn't spend much time there because it was a little too busy for the kids...and by that I mean it was too busy for me watching the kids in a crowded market full of hand made crafts within easy reach.


Jeremy took us to see the Fremont Troll in Seattle. I swear I've seen it in a movie or something



Next stop was the Ballard Locks. Boats transition from the ocean to a higher elevated lake by going into a "lock" that's filled or drained with water. It was a pretty cool thing to see. They also have a man-made salmon ladder display that shows how they migrate upstream.


Next was a quick visit to the beach.


Finally, July 4th fireworks! I wish I could remember where we went. Jeremy took us to a place in Bellingham that overlooked a lake and you could watch all the mini firework displays while we waited for the big show. The show began at about 10:20pm and it started raining. It was awesome even in the rain!

No comments: