Thursday, July 8, 2010

Last Day

Attempted spending the night at a small rest area between Seaside and Portland. Seven cop cars pulled in with lights flashing and search dogs barking 20 minutes after we parked. Amie peaked out the window to see them all searching in the woods with their dogs and flashlights. That lasted about 45 minutes before they all sped off. A truck pulled in next to us 10 minutes after that with five guys talking about how much weed they had in the truck, how their gun was on safety, how the license plate was covered and then they all proceeded to change their outfits. That was a long 30 minutes of Amie panicking and me with gun in hand trying to plan how exactly I'm going to kill five armed guys high on drugs if they tried getting into the motorhome. As soon as they left we drove to the nearest busiest travel center and spent the night there.


Our final site seeing part of the trip was Multnomah Falls. We arrived at 7am and everybody was sleeping so I decided to view it on my own. I love this water fall and it was better than ever at 7am when hundreds of people weren't there crowding the bridge and all the good picture taking spots. I also took pictures with black & white film that I can't wait to develop when we get home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! The waterfall is so breathtaking! I would be able to sit and watch it all day in awe. Nice picture! Love, Mom