Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Palsy?


She's done this since she was a baby and it seems to be getting worse. She does it really bad when she seems 'concerned' about something. Amie's done some internet homework and think it might be spastic cerebral palsy so we're on the hunt for a doctor that will give us some magic answers and most likely no solution. Actually, a doctor's more like, "I'm not sure what's wrong with her...let me write a prescription for ritalin and come back to see me a month from now at which point we'll try another drug"....I hate doctors.

7 comments:

Hayley said...

yikes! good luck!

Grams said...

Poor Baby! I hate doctors too. You have to be her advocate. Ask questions, be informed and don't let them make you feel stupid. Good Luck! Aunt Kathy

Aunt Cookie said...

The sooner she gets to the doctor the better. I hate doctors! BUT, the better your attitude is when you are working with them (and I mean WORKING) the better for the baby. Speaking about Ritalin, it was a long road getting there but it saved Crissy. Love, Aunt Cookie

Anonymous said...

You are an awesome mom. -Cristine

Brandie said...

Hopefully, the neurologist can give you some answers. Both my younger kids had seizures for a while, one had to be on medication. The medication was hell, but it stopped the seizures, at least! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

And, oops on the mom/dad mix-up. I mean, you are awesome parents and you have great kids. C

Lewis Family said...

Just flipping through blogs and I saw this video... my friend's little girl does the same thing??? Her doctor told her it was just a method of comfort (like sucking a thumb) and not to worry about it... she too is concerned and hasn't gotten anywhere with it! Good Luck!